The "Aga Town" faces with the boarder of the Fukushima prefecture in the west side, where it is surrounded by a number of high mountains.
The name of the "Aga town" comes from the River Agano, which is 10th-ranked in Japan in term of the river length, eventually flowing into the Sea of Japan.
The land size of the "Aga town" is the 3rd largest among Niigata Prefecture (952.89km2), where a number of great natural spots, including highlands, rivers, lakes, marshes, gorges and waterfalls.
The "Aga Town" can attract travellers with superb sceneries by the nature's beauty as well as satisfy them with many outdoor activities, regardless of seasons.
1. The Basic Information on "Aga Town" :
- The Land Area: 952.89 km2
- The Population: 11,332 persons (as of 2017)
- The Density of Population: 11.9 persons / km2
- The Railway: There are 7 train stations available on JR Joetsusai Line within the town.
- The Main Roads: Two National Roads (#49 & #459) are passing through the town.
- The Bus: There are the bus services by Niigata Kotsu-Kanko.
- The Airport: The nearest domestic airport is Niigata airport, away from the town in 63 km (about 60 min).
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Aga Town" :
3-1 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
- Kirin Onsen Observatory
- Kuroiwa no Fufu Zakura
- Shimojo Elementary School
3-2 The Summer Season Spots :
- Mt. Goto
- Takigashira Marsh
- Mikawa Auto Camping Site
- Fureai Forest Camping Site
3-3 The Autumn Season Spots :
- Mt. Kirin
- Mt. Mikaguradake
- The River Agano
- Jitsukawa Gorge Forest Park
3-4 The Winter Season Spots:
- Mikawa Onsen Ski Resort
- Adokami Ski Resort
3-5 The Hot-Spring Bath (Japanese Onsen Places) :
- Mikawa Onsen
- Kirinyama Onsen
- Mikagura Onsen
- Shin-Mikawa Onsen
- Tsugawa Onsen
< Cherry-Blossoms at Kirinyama Onsen Area >
< Kuroiwa Fufu Sakura >
< Cherry-Blossoms at the Shimojo Elementary School >
< Momogenkyo in early spring >
< The Mount Goto in Summer Season >
< The Takigashira Marsh in Summer Season >
< The Autumn View at the Mount Mikaguradake >
< The Autumn View on The River Agano >
< The JItsukawa Gorge Forest Park in Autumn Season >
< The Mikawa Onsen Ski Resort >
< The Watari-Bridge at the Mikagura Onsen >
< The Fukusen Ryokan at the Kirinyama Onsen >
< How to Get to the Aga Town in Niigata Prefecture >