The "Kawamata Town" is located in the northern part of the Abukuma highlands, surrounded by a number of high mountains.
Since the ancient time, the town area had been well prospered with a long history. The number of scenic places can be found, especially for many seasonal scenic spots such as cherry-blossoms in spring and autumn-leaves in autumn.
1. The Basic Information on "Kawamata Town" :
- The Total Area: 127.70 km2
- The Population: 14,162 persons (as of 2017)
- The Density of Population: 111 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station in the town right now, after it was closed in 1972.
- The Main Roads: Three National Roads available in the town are #114, #349 and #459.
- The Bus: There are the bus services by JR Tohoku Bus, Fukushima Transportation and Town-run bus in the town.
- The Airport: The nearest domestic airport is Fukushima airport, away from the town in 75 km (about 90 min).
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Kawamata Town" :
3-1 The Flower Viewing :
- "Zaru" Kiku Flower Garden
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
- Chojuizumi Sakura
- Kawamata Chuo Park's Sakura
- Sakaiki Twin Sakura
- Akiyama Koma Sakura
3-3 The Summer Season Spots :
- Toge Forest Natural Park
3-4 The Autumn-Leave Spots:
- Mt. Hanazuka
- Mt. Kihata
3-5 The Winter Scenic Spots:
- Mt. Megumi
< The Zaru-Kuki Flower Garden in Autumn >
< The Chojuizumi Sakura in Spring >
< The Akiyama Koma Sakura in Spring >
< The Sakaiki Twin Sakura Trees in Spring
< Kawamata Chuo Park in Summer >
< Toge Forest Natural Park in Summer >
< Mt. Kihata in Autumn >
< The rural landscape in Autumn >
< Mt. Megumi's Winter View >
< How to Get to the Kawamata Town in Fukushima? >