The "Hanawa Town" is located in the southern part of Fukushima prefecture, which is closer to the boarder of Ibaraki prefecture. The main industries are both agriculture and forestry.
The Hanwa town is sorrounded by Mt. Yamizo (1,022m), Mt. Yottsusawa and Mt. Yumiharido, where many different rivers such as the famous River Kuji are flowing through the town.
The nearest airport from the Hanawa Town is Fukushima Domestic Airport, where travellers can take an airport bus in 60-min ride (about 40km away). The travellers can reach the town by JR Suigun Line, of which nearest train station is Iwaki-Hanawa station.
1. The Basic Information on "Hanawa Town" :
- The Total Area: 211.41 km2
- The Population: 8,985 persons (as of 2017)
- The Density of Population: 42.5 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is JR Suigun Line passing through the town, of which station name is "Iwaki-Hanawa".
- The Main Roads: Three National Roads available in the town are #118, #289 and #349.
- The Bus: There is the bus service by Fukushima Transportation Company in the town.
- The Airport: The nearest domestic airport is Fukushima airport, away from the town in 40 km (about 60 min).
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Hanawa Town" :
3-1 The Flower Viewing :
- Furoyama Park (more than 4,000 Mayflowers in blossom in the end of April to the early of May)
- Furoyama Park (Dahlia flowers in blossom in the end of August to the early of October)
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
- Mukaigaoka Park (early April)
- Fureai Forest (early April)
3-3 The Summer Season Spots :
- Auto-Camping at Yuyu-Land Hanawa
- Kappa no Suribachi Yuhodo
- Yujimata Gorge
3-4 The Autumn-Leave Spots:
- Yujimata Gorge
- Yakushiji-do at Yakushiji Temple (a Standalone 500-year old Gigantic Gingko Tree
3-5 The Historic Site:
- Yakushiji Temple
< The Town View from Furoyama Park >
< The Mayflower's Tunnel at Furoyama Park >
< The Colourful Dahlia Flowers at Furoyama Park >
< The Pinky Cherry-Blossoms at Mukaigaoka Park >
< Yujimata Gorge in Summer Season >
< The Autumn-Leave View at Yujimata Gorge >
< The Gigantic Yellow Gingko Tree at Yakuoji Temple >
< Kappa no Suritsubo Yuhodo >
< How to get to the Hanawa Town in Fukushima?