There is a small village called, "Hirata Village", where it is surrounded by larger cities such as Koriyama, Sukagawa and Iwaki in the south-eastern part of Fukushima prefecture.
Although the size of the village is relatively small, there are a number of scenic and natural spots within the village. As a part of key industries at the village, therefore, it has been promoting the tourisms actively outside Fukushima prefecture.
1. The Basic Information on "Hirata Village" :
- The Total Area: 93.42 km2
- The Population: 6,356 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 68 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no railway station within the village. The nearest train station is Natsui station in Ono town.
- The Main Roads: The National Roads are #49 and #349 passing through the village.
- The Bus: There is the bus service by Fukushima Transportation Company in the village.
- The Airport: The nearest domestic airport is Fukushima airport, away from the town in 17 km (21-min drive).
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Hirata Village" :
3-1 The Flower Viewing :
- The Pink-Moss Flower Garden at "Jupia-Land Hirata" (from the end of May to the middle of June)
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
- The Baba-Zakura
- The Iwakura-Zakura
- The Koshin-Zakura
- The Jizo-Zakura
- The Jumontsuji-Zakura
3-3 The Summer Season Spots :
- The Mount Yomogida (952m high)
- The Mount Shida Natural Park (819m high)
3-4 The Autumn-Leave Spots:
- The Yamadori-Taki (Waterfall)
3-5 The Local Specialities :
- The Local Japanese Sake, "Wakashimizu"
- The Hirata Mushrooms
- The Hirata Noodle
- The Hirata Yam
3-6 The Historic Site:
- The Jurian (Historic Farmer Resident)
< The Pink-Moss Garden at Jupia-Land HIRATA in Late Spring >
< The Baba-Zakura in Spring >
< The Mount Yomogida-dake in Summer >
< The Mount Shiba Natural Park in Summer >
< The Yamadori Waterfall in Autumn >
< The Historic Farmer Resident as a Preserved Traditional Culture & Building >
< How to Get to the Hirata Village? >