The "Yabuki Town" is called as one of the large-scaled "Deforestation-Land" in Japan. The overall operation must not be easy in the history and all the hard works done by predecessors are highly respected and recognised.
The "Yabuki town" is geographically at a good location in consideration of the closed connection and network with the neighboured cities and towns such as Shirakawa city and Sukagawa city, where there are the core-transportation routes like JR Shinkansen and Tohoku Highways passing nearby the Yabuki town, which can help them well from both perspectives of economy and tourism.
1. The Basic Information on "Yabuki Town" :
- The Total Area: 60.40 km2
- The Population: 17,342 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 287 persons / km2
- The Railway: There are 2 JR train stations on JR Tohoku Main Line within the town, and the main train station is Yabuki station.
- The Main Roads: The National Road #4 is passed through the town.
- The Bus: The town-run local bus service, "Daishin Area Bus" is only available in the town.
- The Airport: The nearest domestic airport is Fukushima airport, away from the town in 12 km (22-min drive).
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Yabuki Town" :
3-1 The Flower Viewing :
- Lotus Flower at the Lake Oike
- Mountain-Lily at the Lake Oike
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
- The Lake Oike
- The Sun-Ju-Sun-Ken Park
3-3 The Summer Season Spots :
- The Lake Oike Camping Site
3-4 The Autumn-Leave Spots:
- The Japanese Gardens at the Lake Oike
3-5 The Hot-Spring Bath / Japanese Onsen :
- Ayuri Onsen
3-6 The Historic Site:
- Taisho-Roman Museum
< The Lake Oike in Summer >
< The Lake Oike in Spring >
< The Japanese Garden at the Lake Oike in Autumn >
< The Lotus-Flower at the lake Oike in July >
< The Mountain-Lilies at the San-Ju-San-Kannon Park in Summer >
< The Taisho-Roman Museum >
< How to get to the Yabuki Town in Fukushima? >