Tamakawa Village is away from Sukagawa city on 20-min drive, where it is sited in the east. The land space of the village is quite small with less than 50km2.
In spite of its limited land space, there still remain a lot of natural resources within the village, especially in the river streams / gorges available at several places along with the well-known the River "Abukuma", which is the 2nd longest rivers among Tohoku region.
1. The Basic Information on "Tamakawa Village" :
- The Total Area: 46.67 km2
- The Population: 6,740 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 144 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within the village.
- The Main Roads: One National Road, #118 as well as "Abukuma Highland Expressway available in the village.
- The Bus: There is one bus network system available under Fukushima Transport Company.
- The Airport: Fukushima Domestic Airport is located within Tamakawa village.
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Tamakawa Village" :
3-1 The Nature's World :
- Otsujigataki (waterfalls) - One of the best 100 waterfalls in Japan
- Tono Seiryu (gorge)
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
3-3 The Autumn-Leaves Spots :
- Tono no Seiryu
3-4 The Historical Sites :
- Ishizo Gorinto (Stone-made) - One of the National Important Cultural Treasuries
- Tofukuji temple Shari Sekito (Stone-made)
- Yoon Shonindo (Temple) - One of the National Historic Sites
- Basho Hiku (Haiku-writer's Memorial Site)
3-5 The Local Specialities :
- Sarunashi Fruits
- Sarunashi Drinks
3-6 The Local Product Market :
- Michi no Eki Tamakawa
< Otsujigataki (Waterfalls) at a Far View >
< Otsujigataki (Watefalls at a Closer View >
< The Cherry-Blossoms at Otsujigataki >
< Tono no Seiryu (Gorge) in Summer Season >
< Tono no Seiryu (Gorge) in Autumn Season >
< Tono no Seiryu (Gorge) in Winter Season >
< The Historic Ishizo Gorinto >
< Tofukuji temple Shari Sekito >
< Kawabe Hachiman Shrine >
< Basho no Kuihi >
< The Michi no Eki - Tamakawa >
< Local Speciality - Sarunashi Fruits & Drinks >
< How to Get to Tamakawa village in Fukushima >