The Furudono Town is just located between Iwaki city in the east and Shirakawa city in the west, where the rural landscape attracts visitors with peaceful atmospheres.
There are a few lower-height mountains within the town where nature's attractions are available and seasonal climate changes can make local people respectful appreciation for natural blessings.
1. The Basic Information on "Furudono Town" :
- The Total Area: 163.29 km2
- The Population: 5,234 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 32.1 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within the town.
- The Main Roads: One National Road, #349 in available in the town.
- The Bus: There is one bus network system available under Fukushima Transport Company.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Fukushima Domestic Airport from the town (30km distance in about 40-min).
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Furudono Town" :
3-1 The Nature's World :
- Okazegawa Gorge
- Mt. Mikabu
- Mikabu Highland Camping
- Shibayama Natural Park
- Ikoi Mori Koen (Forest Park)
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Spots :
- Koshidai Zakura
- Mikabu Zakura
3-3 The Autumn-Leaves Spots :
- Okazegawa Gorge
- Mt. Kamakura Trekking Tracks
- Furudono Shrine
- Shiozawa Waterfalls
- Shimon-taki Temple
3-4 The Hostel Accommodation :
- Oamian (Public Facility)
- Nyudo Hot-Spring (Private Inn)
3-5 The Local Specialities :
- Local Japanese Sake: Toyokuni Brewery
- Miso (Soy Bean Paste) / Shoyu (Soy Sauce) : Saruman Shop
3-6 The Local Product Market :
- The "Ofukuro" Road Station (Michi-no-Eki)
- Various Local Vegetables : Matsukawa Shop
< Okazekawa Gorge in Summer >
< The Camping on Mikabu Highlands >
< Koshidai Stand-Alone Zakura in Spring >
< Mikabu's Cherry-Blossoms View in Spring >
< Shibayama Natural Park >
< Okazegawa Gorge in Autumn >
< Shimotaki Fudo in Autumn >
< Furudono Shrine's Gingko Tree in Autumn >
< Ofukuro Eki (Michi-no-Eki for Local Speciality Promotion >
< Toyokuni Sake Brewery Shop >
< Saruman Miso (Soy Bean Paste) / Shoyu (Soy Sauce) Shop >
< How to Get to Furudono Town in Fukushima >