There is a rural village in 20km away from Sukagawa city in Fukushima prefecture, which is named "Ten-Ei village", but the village land area widely spreading on east-west direction, therefore, the coverage of the village is quite huge in spite of its population size.
The "Ten-Ei village" used to take up an important role in logistic and transportation between the pacific-ocean coastline and Aizu district, during Edo Samurai time.
The village looks very peaceful and calm in rural landscape, where agriculture, mainly for Japanese rice, has been popular by making use of clean water resources locally available in the village.
1. The Basic Information on "Ten-Ei Village" :
- The Total Area: 225.52 km2
- The Population: 5,535 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 24.5 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within the town.
- The Main Roads: One National Road, #118 is available in the town.
- The Bus: There is one local bus network under Fukushima Transport company.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Fukushima Airport in 20-min drive from the town (about 40 km)
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Ten-Ei Village" :
3-1 The Nature's World :
- Lake Hatori (16km round)
- Hatori Highlands
- Mt. Futamata (1,544m high)
- River Tsurunuma
- Myojin Falls
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Site :
- Shakado River Bank
3-3 The Autumn-Leave Site :
- Lake Hatori
- British Hills
3-4 Hot-Springs :
- Iwase-Yumoto Onsen
- Futamata Onsen
- Hatoriko Onsen
- Ten-Ei Onsen
< Ten-Ei Village Entrance >
< The Mt. Futamata >
< Lake Tatori >
< Myojin Waterfalls >
< The Shakado River Bank in Spring Season >
< Lake Hatori in Autumn Season >
< The British-Hills in Autumn >
< Iwase-Yumoto Onsen in Winter Season >
< How to Get to Tei-Ei Village in Fukushima >