Shioya Town is located equally near from 3 cities such as "Utsunomiya", "Nikko" and "Yaita" in Tochigi prefecture, therefore, its population has been maintained at the level of 12,000 - 15,000 people for the past 40 years due to the good and convenient location among three cities.
The town, which is geographically surrounded by natural highlands, shows peaceful landscapes at countryside, where great natural sceneries can be obtained from any places of the town.
1. The Basic Information on "Shioya Town" :
- The Total Area: 176.06 km2
- The Population: 11,251 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 63.9 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within the town.
- The Main Roads: One National Road, #461 is available in the town.
- The Bus: Two local bus networks under Kanto as well as Shioya Transport Company are available in the town.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Fukushima Airport in 85-min drive from the town (about 100 km)
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Shioya Town" :
3-1 The Nature Sites :
- Natural Beech Tree Forests
- Shojinzawa Gorge
- Large Falls
- Higashikoya Lake
- Kago Iwa (Rocks)
3-2 The Cherry-Blossoms Site :
- Shioya Natural Resort Village
3-3 The Autumn-Leave Site :
- Momiji Valley
3-4 Hot-Springs :
- Shioya Onsen
< Shojinzawa Gorge >
< The Natural Beech Tree Forest >
< The Large Falls >
< Higashi-Koya Lake >
< Shioya Natural Resort Village >
< The Momiji Valley >
< Autumn Leave Forest & Gorge Near the Large Falls >
< How to Get to Shioya Town, Fukushima >