There are several numbers of towns named with "Misato" within Japan, and the meaning of "Misato" is a beautiful town. Aizu area also has one Misato town, in the south-west side of Aizu-Wakamatsu city.
With a long and rich history of Aizu district, the Aizu-Misato town has a lot of great sceneries and cultures, regardless of seasons. It is my pleasure to make good introduction to foreign travellers who like to visit such hidden-beauty small towns or villages within Japan.
1. The Basic Information on "Aizu-Misato Town" :
- The Total Area: 276.33 km2
- The Population: 20,680 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 74.8 persons / km2
- The Railway: There are 3 train stations within the town, which is on The Tadami Line, under JR East organization.
- The Main Roads: One National Road, #401 within the town is available, while "Banetsu Highways just pass by without any service station.
- The Bus: There is a local bus transportation services available, which is called "Aizu-Oriai" Bus company.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Fukushima Airport in 90-min drive from the town (about 98 km)
2. The Main Industry:
- Agriculture (Rice)
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Aizu-Misato Town" :
3-1 The Miyagawa's Thousand Sakura Trees :
- The thousand Sakura trees planted along with the Miyagawa River bank indeed show beautiful spring scenery.
- The scenery is so dynamic and gorgeous in the back of the mountains.
- The best view timing is from the middle to the end of April.
3-2 The Iris Flower Garden :
- The flower festival at the garden is held from the middle of June to early of July every year.
- The scenery attracts visitors fresh atmospheres in early summer season.
3-3 The Otaue Festival :
- The Otaue Festivals are held at many locations in Japan to pray for rice harvest every year during summer since the ancient time.
- The one at Aizu-Misato town in Fukushima is held in July.
3-4 The Hoyoji Temple's Autumn Leave :
- The yellow-coloured leaves of Ginkgo trees decorate the temple and its garden beautifully in autumn season.
- The best view timing is between the end of October and the early of November.
3-5 The Otawara Hiki (Pull-Out) :
- It is the annual festival to pull large-sized straw-rice bags in competition during winter season
- The normal festival timing is early Jan every year.
3-6 The Hot-Springs :
- Takada Onsen
- Niitsuru Onsen
- Aizu-Hongo Onsen
- Matsuzawa Onsen
< The Thousands Sakura Trees at Miyagawa River Banks in Spring >
< The Iris Flowers Garden in Early Summer >
< The Otaue Festival in Summer >
< The Large-Sized Rice Bag Pulling Competition in Winter >
< The Full-Blossoms of Yellow-Flowers at Aizu-Misato Town >
< How to Get to Aizu-Misato Town in Fukushima >