There is a small village, "Samegawa Village", mainly surrounded by highlands, which is located in the southern part of Fukushima, closer to the border of Ibaraki prefecture.
The 60% of the village area is covered by mountain forests, which are mainly on three mountains, i.e., Mt. Tateyama in north, Mt. Asashi in south and Mt. Sanno in south-west of the village. The village is filled with a plenty of rich natural resources such mountains, forests, river streams, waterfalls.
1. The Basic Information on "Samekawa Village" :
- The Total Area: 131.34 km2
- The Population: 3,518 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 26.8 persons / km2
- The Railway: There isn't any train station within the town.
- The Main Roads: The two National Roads, #289 and #349 within the town.
- The Bus: There is a local bus transportation services available, which is Fukushima Transportation company.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Fukushima Airport in 45-min drive from the town (about 45 km)
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Samegawa Village" :
3-1 The Cherry-Blossoms View Spots :
- Eryuda Sakura
- Inouchi Shidare-Zakura
- Nidanda Higan-Zakura
- Kanzawa JIzo Shidare-Zakura
- Choonji Temple's Shidare-Zakura
3-2 The Autumn-Leave View :
- Eryuda Taki
- Choonji Temple
- Sanno Village
3-3 Other Recommendation :
- Kanotsunodaira Diary Farm
- Kanotsunodaira Cottage
- Kanotsunodaira Cross-Country Course
- Kanotsunodaira Astronomical Observatory
3-4 The Recommended B&B (Farmer-House) :
- Yunoda Onsen
- Yama Yuri
< The Nidanda Sidare-Zakura >
< The Hiuchiishi Shidare-Zakura >
< The Ryuda Taki >
< The Kowadaki >
< The Kanotsunodaira Diary Farm >
< How to Get Samegawa Village in Fukushima >