The "Yamatsuri Town", a small town, situated in the southern part of Fukushima, where it faces with the border of Ibaraki prefecture. Therefore, the town has been much more related to the Ibaraki culture, compared to Fukushima, due to geographical advantages.
The "Yamatsuri Town" became quite famous within Japan, since they made an announcement in 2002, which is meant for no intention for any future consolidation with other towns or villages, in spite of a great pressure from the central government of Japan during the depressed economic situation.
1. The Basic Information on "Yamatsuri Town" :
- The Total Area: 118.27 km2
- The Population: 5,869 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 49.6 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is only one train station within the town, and the station is JR Higashidate station on the Suigun Line.
- The Main Roads: The two National Roads, #118 and #349 within the town.
- The Bus: There is a local bus transportation services available, which is Fukushima Transportation company.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Fukushima Airport in 60-min drive from the town (about 50 km)
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Yamatsuri Town" :
3-1 The Natural Park Yamatsuri Mountain :
- The Cherry-Blossoms in Spring (April)
- The May-Flowers in early Summer (May)
- The Autumn-Leaves in Autumn (October)
3-2 The Ayu Suspension Bridge :
- Along with the River Kuji where plenty of natures are available
- The symbol of the River Kuji, "Ayu" (Sweet-Fish) represented in Yamatsuri town
3-3 The Muso Waterfalls :
- The Muso waterfalls located near from the Ayu Suspension bridge can be seen
- The falls is selected as one of the best 30 water-streams within Fukushi
3-4 The River Kuji :
- The River Kuji in 124km-long with clean water stream
- The "Ayu" (sweet-fish) in the River Kuji is called as one of the best-quality in Japan.
3-5 The Takigawa Gorge :
- The Takigawa gorge over 3km-long, located in a deeply-hidden forests
- The gorge is surrounded by abundant natures and spaces
- The Takigawa-Sato, local Suba store, is to serve travellers in the back of natural environment near the Takigawa gorge.
< The Cherry-Blossoms at the Natural Park "Yamatsuri Mountain" in Spring >
< The May-Flowers at the Natural Park "Matsuri Mountain in early Summer >
< The Autumn-Leaves at the Natural Park "Yamatsuri Mountain in Autumn >
< The "Ayu" (Sweet-Fish) Suspension-Bridge >
< The Muso Waterfalls in Autumn Season >
< The Takigawa Gorge in Summer Season >
< Ayu (Sweet-Fish) Fishing at the River Kuji >
< How to Get to the Yamatsuri Town, Fukushima >