There is a small Showa village existing in the south-west side of Fukushima prefecture, which is closer to the border of Gunma prefecture.
The Showa village is surrounded by highlands as a hidden-place remaining peacefully at countryside. The size of the village as well as the population is very small, which had never jointed with other villages or towns in Fukushima.
1. The Basic Information on "Showa Village" :
- The Total Area: 209.46 km2
- The Population: 1,294 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 6.18 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within the village.
- The Main Roads: The two National Roads (#400 and #401) available within the village.
- The Bus: There are 2 local bus transportation services available, Aizu and Kanego Tourist bus comapanies.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Niigata Domestic Airport in 140minute drive from the village (about 140 km)
2. The Main Industry:
- "Karamushi" Plant-Textile
- "Kasumiso" - one of the white-coloured flowers used for praying
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Showa Village" :
3-1 The Karamushi Ori no Sato :
- The Handicraft Museum
3-2 The Komado Shitsugen :
- The Highland Marsh (at 1,100 high level)
3-3 The Showa Onsen :
- Opened in 1972
< The Showa Village in Fukushima >
< The Karamushi Ori no Sato >
< The Historic Primary School Building >
< The Komadori Shitsugen in Summer Season >
< The Komadori Shitsugen in Autumn Season >
< The Showa Onsen >
< How to Access to Showa Village in Fukushima >