The place in the south-western part of Fukushima is called "Oku-Aizu" (Inner highland-area Aizu district), while Aizu-Wakamatsu area is rather called as "main-Aizu" area.
One of small towns is "Kaneyama town", which is sited along with the River Tadami. With rich natural resources available on the highland area, there is one of the largest-sized man-made lake, "the Lake Tadami" appearing at farther & deeper location at the upper side of the River Tadami.
1. The Basic Information on "Kaneyama Town" :
- The Total Area: 293.92 km2
- The Population: 2,157 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 7.34 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is Aizu-Kawaguchi station on JR Tadami Line, under East-Japan Railways, in the town.
- The Main Roads: The two National Roads (#252 and #400) available within the town.
- The Bus: There is no major bus transportation service available, except for the town-owned local bus network service.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Niigata Domestic Airport in 120minute drive from the town (about 122 km)
2. The Main Industry:
- Water-Power Station
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Kaneyama Town
3-1 Kaneyama Town as a Part of Oku-Aizu District:
- Kaneyama Town is situated along with the River Tadami, which has rich and natural water-resources surrounded by highlands.
- Kanyama Town is a small town at rural and flat area, where the landscape view is so great, regardless of seasons.
3-2 The Lake Numazawa :
- The Lake Numazawa is considered as a Caldera lake, where it is sited on 475m high and sized with 3.1km2.
- There is some nice trekking courses around the lake, therefore, many travellers go there in summer time especially.
3-3 The High Snowfalls Area :
- The highland area including Kaneyama town is one of the highest snowfalls places within Tohoku region.
- The town is always decorated with white-snows in winter time, and it shows its own images on peacefulness and purity by colour.
3-4 The Autumn-Leave View Spots:
- On the other hand, the autumn season can be seen a very colourful leaves all over the town.
- With the collaboration of highland scenery and natural resources including the river streams, especially such an autumn atmosphere become very unusual experiences to visitors.
3-5 A Variety of Hot-Springs :
- For blessings of abundant natural resources on the highland, the hot-springs are available within the town.
- The different locations of the hot-springs give somehow different Onsen effects and attractions.
< Kaneyama Town located at the side of the River Tadami >
< The Nice-Looking JR Tadami Line Crossing over the River Tadami >
< The Yellow Flower Field at Kaneyama Town in Summer Time >
< The Snowing Decoration on Highland Sites in Winter Time >
< The Colourful Autumn-Leave Mountains and the Lake Numazawa in Autumn Season >
< The Hot-Spring Bath-Taking at the Riverside in Natural Environment >
< How to Get Kaneyama Town in Fukushima prefecture? >