Kitashiobara, a small village, located in the west side of Fukushima prefecture, is really a beautiful village surrounded by several mountains, which are in general called as the Urabandai Highland.
There are many rich-natural resources in the village, such as a few scenic lakes, ponds, waterfalls, water springs, in the back of several famous mountains.
It is very worthwhile to visiting and sightseeing those nature's places in the village, and such very impressive sceneries are given to visitors, especially in early morning or sunset timing.
1. The Basic Information on "Kitashiobara Village" :
- The Total Area: 234.08 km2
- The Population: 2,770 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 11.8 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within Kitashiobara Village. The nearest train station is Kitakata JR station.
- The Main Roads: The three National Roads (#459) available within the town. The "Bandai-Azuma" Highway is nearby in the south side of the village
- The Bus: The "Bandai-Toto Bus network is available to connect with Hibara Lake.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Niigata Domestic Airport in 110-minute drive from the town (about 113 km)
2. The Main Industry:
- Salt Manufacture
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Kitashiobara Village":
3-1 The Bandai-Asahi National Park :
- Mt. Bandai (1,816m) - One of the best-scenic mountains in Japan
- Mt. Nishi-Azuma (2,035m) - One of the best-scenic mountains in Japan
- Mt. Adatara (1,728m) - One of the best-scenic mountains in Japan
3-2 The Urabandai Area (The Urabandai Highlands) :
- Hibara Lake
- Onogawa Lake
- Akimoto Lake
- Sohara Lake
- Oguni Marsh
3-3 The Onogawa Falls :
- The falls is located in the upper-stream area of the Onogawa Lake
- It is designated as one of the purest water springs in Japan
3-4 The Morohashi Modern Art Museum :
- The museum was built in 1999 by The Morohashi family, a private owner family in Koriyama city
- The art works of Salvador Dalí, a famous French Artist, are their main collection.
< Mt. Bandai in Autumn Season >
< The Goshiki Marsh at Kita-Shiobara Village >
< The Fogged Onogawa Lake in the Early Morning >
< The Hibara Lake >
< The Akimoto Lake >
< The Sohara Lake >
< The Oguni Marsh >
< The Morohashi Modern Art Museum >
< How to get Mt. Bandai Highland Area at Kita-Shiobara Village in Fukushima >