One small town nearby Zao Mountain Ranges, which has impressed people with its beautiful standing figure, is called "Kawasaki town", where the majority of the town is covered by highland area.
The natural resources at Kawasaki town have not yet disappear and the town always shows a brave-imaged figure in the back of Zao mountain ranges, regardless of seasons.
1. The Basic Information on "Kawasaki Town" :
- The Total Area: 270.77 km2
- The Population: 9,089 persons (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 33.6 persons / km2
- The Railway: There is no train line and station within the village, while the nearest tran station is Shiroishi.
- The Main Roads: 1) The National Road are #286 and #457, and 2) The Tohoku Highway passing through by Miyagi Kawasaki Interchange
- The Bus: The highway bus under the operation of Miyako Bus Company, and local bus network under Miyagi transportation.
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Sendai Domestic Airport in 45-minute drive from the town.
2. The Main Industry:
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Kawasaki Town":
3-1 Zao Mountain Ranges :
- Zao Mountain Ranges consists of about 15 mountains connecting between Miyagi and Yamagata prefectures.
- The highest mountain on Zao Mountain Ranges is "Kumano Dake" (1,841m high).
3-2 Zao Okama :
- There is a famous small crater lake, which is called in general "Okama" or Goshikinuma.
- The Okama lake shows beautiful emerald-green colour in the sky
3-3 Kamafusa Lake / Dam :
- The Lake "Kamafusa" is one of the best known 100 dams in Japan.
- The dam was built in 1970, which is mainly required to support the water-consumption of Sendai and other cities.
3-4 Michinoku Lakeside National Park :
- The National Park was opened in 1989 by making use of natural resources of Kamafusa lake for publics.
- It is also famous that many music concerts or festivals have been held so far.
- The beautiful flowers in the park makes visitors enjoyed regardless of seasons.
3-5 Hot-Springs (Aone Onsen / Sasaya Onsen) :
- A few nice local Onsens are available at Kawasaki town.
- Aone Onsen almost has 500-year history at scenic valley of highland area.
< The Zao Mountain Ranges >
< Mt. Zao's Okama (Crater Lake) >
< The Kamafusa Lake >
< The Michinoku Lakeside National Park >
< Aone Onsen Village >
< How to get Kawasaki Town, Miyagi >