1. The Basic Infomation on "Asahi Town" :
- The Total Area: 196.81 km2
- The Population: 7,082 people (as of 2016)
- The Density of Population: 36 people / km2
- The Railway: There is no train station within the town, and the nearest one at the next Oe town is Aterazawa station on JR Aterazawa line.
- The Main Roads: 1) The Yamagata Highway: Sagae Interchange, 2) The National Road - #287
- The Bus: Yamako Bus Transporation
- The Airport: The nearest airport is Yamagata Dometic Airport in 40-minute drive from the town.
2. The Main Industry:
- Fruit Farm (Mainly Apple and Grapes)
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Asahi Town":
3-1 The Asahi Mountain Ranges :
- There is the well-known "Mt. Asashidake" laid on the border of Yamagata and Niigata prefectures.
- In general, the Mt. Asahidake consists of 3 major peaks, which are "Mt. O-Asashidake" (1,870m), "Mt. Ko-Asashidake" (1,648m) and "Mt. Nishi-Asahidake" (1,814m).
- The Mt. Asashidake is selected as one of the best 100 mountains in Japan.
3-2 The Rice Terraces (Kunugidaira) :
- Like those rice terrances located in other prefectures, the Kunugidaira was created at such limited spaces on the mountain slope.
- The entire terraces become a brownish colour in autumn season, when it is about to be rice harvesting.
3-3 Japanese Shrine :
- There are main 3 Japanese shrines located at the Asahi town.
- Horyu Shrine
- Ukishima-Inari Shrine
- Kasuga Shrine
3-4 The Satake-Family Traiditonal Residence ;
- With such a countryside landscape, there still remain some old and traditional-style Japanese farm residences at the Asahi town.
- The Satake-Family Residence is one of them, which is designated as important-culture-treasure.
3-5 Asahi Winery :
- Asahi town is famous for wine-producing from their original grapes cultivated within the town
3-6 Apple Onsen (Hot-Spring) :
- The Asahi town has an unique name of "Apple Onsen".
- The several number of nice-shaped apples are normally thrown and floated on the hot-spring bathes at Asahi town Onsen, therefore, local people call it as "Apple Onsen".
3-7 Umagami Pond:
- This Pond was consolidated with several ponds together since Edo Samurai period
- The Pond was selected as one of the famous ponds in Japan.
- It is a nice pond scenery.
< The Mt. Asahidake in Spring Season >
< The Mt. Asahidake in Autumn Season >
< The Autumn-Colour Rice Terraces at Kunugi-daira >
< The Old and Traditional Satake-Family Residnce at Asahi Town >
< The Ukishima-Inari Japanese Shrine >
< The Asahi Town Winery >
< Apple Onsen Hot-Spring Bath >
< The Umagami Pond >
< How to get the Asahi town in Yamagata? >