There is one long-historic small town in the south-east side of Yamagata prefecture, which is called "Takahata town", having a number of historic caves and ancient tumuluses, which is managed well for presevation and maintenance.
With such historic monuments in the town, a old Japanese shrine (Akutsu-Hachiman Shinto Shrines) still remains unchanged from the ancient time, which give visitors a certain impression on the worshipped atmospheres by the shrine styles.
The Takahata town is also well known for the number-one town for the so-called "Deraware Grapes" in Japan. Hence, the town started to produce and sell their own wines locally, which is getting popular to some wine-lovers in Japan.
1. The Basic Infomation on "Takahata Town" :
- The Total Area: 180.26 km2
- The Population: 23,750 people (as of 2015)
- The Density of Population: 132 people / km2
- Railway: The town station is Takahata station on JR Ou Main Line, JR East Japan
- Main Roads: 1) The National Road - #13, #113 and #399
- Bus: Yamako Bus Transporation
- Airport: The nearest airport is Yamagata Dometic Airport in 70-minute drive from the town.
2. The Main Industry:
- Aguriculture (Rice, Mushroom, Soba, Sake)
- Fruit Farm (Deraware Grapes, Wine, Jam, Juice, Dressing)
- Daily Farm (Beef)
- Manufacutring (Machinery)
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Takahata Town":
3-1 The Historic Caves :
- Hinata Caverna
- Hibakoiwa Caverna
- Ichinosawa Caverna
- Odachi Caverna
3-2 The Ancient Tombs (Tumuluses) :
- Shimizu-mae Tumulus
- Akutsu Tumulus
- Genfukuji Tumulus
- Kamoyama Tumulus
- Misone Tumulus
- Torii-machi Tumulus
3-3 Japanese Shrine :
- Akutsu Hachiman Shrine
3-4 Takahata Winery :
- Takahata Town is recoginsed for the highest-turnover for the branded "Deraware Grapes" in Japan.
- Takahata Winery was set up by Coca-Cola in Takahata town in 1990.
3-5 Hatomine Mounta Ridge :
- The mountain pass is on 785m high, which is located at the border with Fukushima city
< Hinata Histric Cave >
< Inamori Tumulus >
< Akutsu Shrine >
< Deraware Grapes Inspection Process >
< Takahata Winery >
< Hatomine Ridge >
< How to Get Takahata Town in Yamagata? >