There is a small-sized village in south-east part of Akita prefecture, which is near the borders with Iwate and Miyagi prefectures. The name of the small village is "Higashi-Naruse village", sited in the highland area with abundant natural resources such as mountains, rivers, lakes, marshes, waterfalls, forests, gorges.
Higashi-Naruse village was registered by themselves as one of the most beautiful farm villages in Japan under Japan's private categorised committee. The village had been ever given a chance to consider to be consolidated with other villages for upgrading into a larger-sized town or city, however, it was decided by all the villagers on voting methods to stay alone as a small village.
Higashi-Naruse village is moving forward to manage their future with their own attractions as a small but beautiful village in Akita prefecture.
1. The Basic Infomation on "Higashi-Naruse Village" :
- The Total Area: 203.69 km2
- The Population: 2,648 people (as of 2015)
- The Desity of Population: 13 people / km2
- Railway: No Railway Transportation available within the village
- Main Roads: 1) The National Road - #342 & #397 and 2) The Prefectural Road - #40 / $282 / #323)
- Bus: Ugo Transporation
- Airport: The nearest airport is Akita Dometic Airport in about 65-min drive by Akita Highway
2. The Main Industry:
- Diary Farm
3. The Recommended Spots for Sightseeing Near "Higashi-Naruse Village":
3-1 A Part of Kuri-Koma Semi-National Park:
- Kuri-Koma Semi-National Park is the best known as a beautiful natural park, which is sited near the borders of Akita, Yamagata, Iwate and Miyagi prefectures. It is a huge national park with 771.4km2 space, designated in 1968.
- Regardless seasons, Kuri-Koma Semi-National Park shows so colourful and gorgerous attractions to visitors.
3-2 Mt. Magusadake:
- Mt. Magusadake is on 1,424m high, a part of Kuri-Koma Semi-National Park.
- There are a number of natural marshes and forests, which attract hikers or trekkers.
- The most of visitors to Mt. Magusadake have been highly attracted and satisfied by its nature's beauty, as per general survey.
3-3 Sukawa Lake:
- Sukawa Lake was created by the eruption of Mt. Kuri-Kamo, as a small volcanno lake.
- It can be seen in beautiful collaboration of the emerald-blue lake and colourful mountain, especially in autumn season.
3-4 Various Waterfalls - Tensho Falls, Aka Falls & Fudo Falls:
- Tensho Falls was named by "Tensho Era", which was propserous approximately 400 years ago from now.
- It falls very actively from 20m high and it makes visitors forgotten where they are, under natural environments surrounded by the fall and stream's sounds.
3-5 Suzukoya Forests:
- There is rich forests consisting of Beech trees which have been taken care well of by the village for more than 200 years.
- It is considered as a sort of natural treasury in the village, which is managed and maintained by generation for a long time.
3-6 Various Onsens - Sukawa Onsen, Yamayuri Onsen and Naruse Onsen:
- Sugawa Onsen is just located on the border of Aktia and Iwate prefectures, nera Mt. Kuri-Koma.
- It is well known as one of high-gushed amount hot-spring in Japan, which shows very dynamic flow.
- There is "Sukawa-Inn", a famous Onsen Inn managed by Higashi-Naruse village themselves.
< Kuri-Koma Semi-National Park in Autumn Season >
< Mt. Magusadake in Summer >
< Sakawa Lake in Autumn >
< Sakawa Lake in Winter >
< Tensho Falls in Summer >
< Suzukoya Forest in Summer >
< How to Get Higashi-Naruse Village in Akita >