This is the last small town in Hokkaido that I would like to introduce to you. The name of the town is "Shin-Hidaka town", located in the southern part of Hokkaido, where its location is between Hidaka city and Erimo Cape. This town was recently integrated with other town in 2006, and then it became slightly larger town in term of space and population. But, it is not yet known to overseas tourists who like to go to Hokkaido, since the most of overseas tourists tend to go to more famous cities or places for their holidays in Hokkaido. This is the last "hidden-beauty" small town in Hokkaido that I would like to recomend to everyone.
1. Basic Infomation on "Shin-Hidaka Town" :
- The Total Area: 1,147.6km2
- The Population: 23,999 persons (as of 2015)
- The Desity of Population: 20.9 persons / km2
- Railway: JR Hidaka Main Line
- Bus: JR Hokkaido Bus and Donan Bus Networks
- Airport: New Chitose Airport
2. Main Industries:
- Daily Farm
- Fishery (mainly for "Hidaka-brand" Seeweeds)
- Production and Training for Racehorses
3. The recommended spots for sightseeing near "Shin-Hidaka Town":
3-1 Racehorse Dairy Farm & Training Farm:
- Shin-Hidaka is the best-known as a racehorsing training farm in Hokkaido.
- There are quite a number of traing farms within the town
- Several famous racehorses come from Shin-Hidaka town in the past
3-2 Nijukken-Road Cherry-Blossom Tree Street:
- Shin-Hidaka town has the most-famous place, which is called "Nijukken-Road Sakura-Tree Street.
- In spring, the beautiful scenes attract many visitors, where the sakura-tree stree is in 7km-stretched line
3-3 Shizunai Onsen / Mtsuishi Onsen:
- The hot-spring was found during Meiji period about more than 100 years ago
- It is said that the hot-spring has a good effect for a skin-smoothing.
3-4 Takami Dam:
- Takami Dam is ranked as the largest-sized one among Hokkaido in term of water capacity.
- Its scene in the back of Hidaka Mountain Ranges looks so brave and dynamic
3-5 Shizunai Eclipse Hotel:
- Shizunai Eclipse Hotel (opened in 2013) is recommended to anyone who plans to visit the town.
- The hotel accomodation is reasonably good with a good customer service.
< Looing up for Hidaka Mountain Ranges from Shin-Hidaka Town >
< at Racehorse Training Farm >
< Nijukken-Road Sakura-Tree Street >
< Sun-Dried "Hidaka-brand" Seeweeds on Coastline >
< Outdoor Bath at Mtsuishi Onsen >
< A Nice View for Hidaka Mountain Ranges from Takami Dam >
< Shizunai Eclipse Hotel at Shin-Hidaka Town >
< How to get Shin-Hidaka town in Hokkaido >