There is another small town in the northen part of Hokkaido, just in about 92km away from Wakkanai city located in the most-north part of Hokkaido. The name of the small town is "Hama-Tonbetsu", as a part of Esahi district in Hokkaido. The town faces directly with the Sea of Okhotsk and has a broad wet land as well as highland area located in the west and south of the town. As well, Hama-Tonbetsu town is just surrounded by a plenty of natures.
1. Basic Infomation on "Hama-Tonbetsu Town" :
- The Total Area: 401.64km2
- The Population: 3,899 persons (as of 2015)
- The Desity of Population: 9.71 persons / km2
- Railway: NIL
- Bus: Soya Bus Network
- Airport: Wakkanai Domestic Airport.
2. Main Industries:
- Daily Farming
3. The recommended spots for sightseeing near "Hama-Tonbetsu Town":
3-1 Kamui Cape:
- The Kamui Cape is located inbetween Hama-Tonbetsu town and Esashi town toward Okhotsk Sea.
- There can be seen a lot of highland's plants and flowers as well as a number of Icebergs floating in the sea in winter season.
3-2 Kutcharo Lake:
- Kutcharo Lake is sized with 13.4km2 in area and 27km in perimeter.
- There are a large-space wet land and many different types of flowers.
- The lake is also well known as the most-north lake in Japan, where a lot of Cygnus Swans fly from Russia and stay there in cold winter time.
- It is really a beautiful scenic spot in winter season with a collaboration of Cygnus Swans, snow and blue-lake.
3-3 Veneer Natural Flower Garden:
- It is said that there are more than 100 diffferent types of northen & wet-land plants existing in the garden. Especially in July, wild Iris flowers in the garden can be seen so gorgeously.
- You could view and listen to a wild bird from May to September every year
3-4 Hama-Tonbetsu Onsen:
- The town has a small facility of Hot-Spring and other reluxation, of which name is "Hama-Tonbetsu Onsen - Wing".
- You can also go for a day-trip and take a short bath for a convenience purpose.
3-5 Usotannai Gold Dust Park:
- The place was used to be popular for gold-dust collection last time.
- At present, the place is to provide visitors with a certain experience in gold-dust collection.
- It is rather entertainmental experience for tourists.
Let's consider to include your visit to "Hama-Tonbetsu town" in your holiday plan, while you have a chance to travel around those nice and beautiful but not-yet-famous small towns / villages in Hokkaido.
< Wet Land at Hama-Tonbetsu town >
< Outdoor Camping at Hama-Tonbetsu Town >
< Kamui Cape Facing with Okhotsk Sea >
< Sunset at Kutcharo Lake >
< Cygnus Swans flying in from Russia and staying at Kutcharo Lake during winter time >
< Veneer Natural Flower Garden >
< Hama-Tonbetsu Onsen Facility - Wing >
< How to get Hama-Tobetsu Town >