When I try to think about Kagawa, I came up in mind to introduce about Sanuki Udon. There are some other famour topics related to Kagawa, however, I don't think I can miss out Sanuki Udon to talk about Kagawa Prefecture, which is one of the most popular topics in Japan.
Today I would like to share with you as to how to make "Sanuki" Udon manually. This recipe is to refer to "Nakno Udon School" web site, http://www.nakanoya.net/index.html.
Let's enjoy to make and eat your own Sanuki Udon.
1. To prepare the food materials
- wheat flour (500g)
- clean water
- rough sault
Note: The best ratio is salt (1) vs water (9 - 15), subject to seasons.
2. To mix well wheat flour, salt and water
3. To knead it well
4. To keep stepping on the materials for 5 - 7 min, after putting into a plastic bag
5. To keep it in a square shape
6. To put into a plastic bag and leave it for 3 hours at minimum and 1 day at best
7. To store it into a fridge (4 - 5 day at maximum)
8. To extend it into a thinner dough (3mm thickness) with a wooden rolling pin
9. To cut into thinnest pieces of noddles with 3 - 4 mm width by a sharp knife
10. To put noddles into a hot boiling water
11. To boild noddles left with somehow slight hardness
12. To wash noddles with clean water
13. To enjoy your own made Sanuki Udon
- to put a raw egg or half-boild egg
- to put spring onions & dry seawed
- to put raw soy source
- to mix up all well