Osaka has a strong message in promoting its own culture and origin, compared to other prefectures in Japan. Osaka is the 2nd largest city after Tokyo in Japan, thus, it is a big commerical and business place in KINKI / KANSAI region.
Osaka has a variety of local food & eatery cultures since long time ago. Osaka was originally developed as a merchant place, hence, it seems that local foods are basically served to customers in a very casual & quick manner as well as at a very reasonable price.
There are quite a number of famous local food places in Osaka city, where you like to find good foods. Osaka tends to have many small & narrow shopping & food store lanes everywhere. For an instance,
- Shin-Sekai / Tsutenkaku, http://www.tsutenkaku.co.jp/Guide-pdf/mishiran-guide-english.pdf
- Jan-Jan Yokocho, https://www.osaka-info.jp/en/gourmet/takoyaki_okonomiyaki/post_34.html
- Doton Bori http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/location/regional/osaka/dotonbori.html- Umeda Shopping Street
- Tenjin-Bashi Shopping Street http://www.osaka-info.jp/en/ofc/201101/
- Shinsai-Bashi Shopping Street http://www.shinsaibashi.or.jp/lang/en/
- Sen-Nichi-Mae Shopping Street https://www.osaka-info.jp/en/shopping/speciality_stores/post_95.html
When you plan to visit KINKI / KANSAI region, you must stay in Osaka, try to walk around to pick up and eat nice local foods in one day.
< Tsutenkaku / Shin-Sekai Street >
< Osaka Famous Local Foods such as "Takoyaki", "Okonomiyaki" & "Kushikatsu" >
< Doton-Bari Area >
< Jan-Jan Yokocho near Minami / Namba small lanes >
< Sen Nichi Dogu Shopping Street >